Site of Guinness Brewery, the development will include 807 apartments, 40 per cent of which will be affordable. First Central has been designed to reflect the industrial heritage of the area. Regenerating an unused brownfield site, the scheme delivers a connected and lively place. Local investments include over £1.5m to improve walking and cycle links, £500,000 to improve the local bus network, and over £2m towards expanding Central Middlesex Hospital. The development offers private outdoor spaces for every property and three shared gardens, as well as public grounds, waters features and footpaths.
PLANNING STATUS: Complete
Oaklands is the first large-scale housing project to be brought forward by the OPDC, kick-starting the transformation of a 650-hectare area of regeneration in West London. Notting Hill Genesis in partnership with QPR, is investing £175m at Old Oak to deliver a wide range of homes to suit all household budgets. Oaklands meets the Mayor of London’s affordable housing target by providing 40 per cent affordable housing, the remaining 60 per cent available for market rent through Folio London. Work started on site in 2017 and is anticipated to be completed by early 2022. The Oaklands project has delivered a range of education and training opportunities for local people.
PLANNING STATUS: Under construction – nearly complete
COMPLETION DATE: 2022
As a Mayoral Development Corporation, the Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation’s (OPDC) mission is to plan, create and deliver transformational changes across the Old Oak and Park Royal area, capitalising on the increased connectivity created by the arrival of the new High Speed 2 (HS2) station at Old Oak Common. Spanning the area where the London boroughs of Brent, Ealing and Hammersmith & Fulham meet, OPDC plans to bring forward thousands of new and affordable homes, jobs, shops, parks and amenities to create a place that is welcoming, accessible and prosperous.
OPDC works with our boroughs, residents, businesses, and partners – including national government bodies - to shape and accelerate the full regeneration potential created by the arrival of HS2’s Old Oak Common super hub. With unrivalled connectivity across London and the UK, Old Oak and Park Royal can become a thriving, inclusive and healthy new urban district, with huge benefits for current and new residents and businesses alike.
Drawing on its rich heritage at the heart of west London’s manufacturing and industry, Old Oak and Park Royal will become a renewed urban Community, where a thriving local economy supports a great place to work, visit and live. It will be an inclusive, accessible and diverse district, displaying the best practice in social and environmental design, and making a major contribution to London’s success as a global city.
Population projections 2021 225,103
Population projections 2050 328,740
London plan new homes (ten-year target) 19,440
Building council homes for Londoners (four-year programme) 565
“As a planning authority and development agency, we’re ideally placed to oversee this opportunity, driving forward collaboration with public and private sector partners, including the London Boroughs, residents and businesses. High Speed 2’s £1.7bn Old Oak Common Station will bring fantastic opportunities for new and existing residents and businesses alike. Our mission is to make sure this means more than just new homes and jobs. We want to create a lively, inclusive and welcoming new district for west London, with parks, water and amenities at the heart of the best-connected place in west London.”
David Lunts, Chief Executive